The Cyprus Sustainable Tourism Initiative (CSTI) was established in 2006, with the goal to promote the development of sustainable approach to tourism in Cyprus through the preservation, conservation and the protection of the environment, the sensible use of natural resources and the improvement of the social and economic conditions of marginalized rural communities of Cyprus. CSTI aspires to the promotion of sustainable development in the tourism industry for the public benefit through research into and education of the public and the tourism industry in the following:
- the preservation, conservation and the protection of the environment and the prudent use of natural resources;
- the reduction of the impact of our carbon footprint as a result of all our activities related to tourism;
- the improvement of the conditions of life in socially and economically disadvantage communities due to tourism;
- the promotion of sustainable means of achieving economic growth and regeneration.
The Cyprus Breakfast concept falls within the objectives of sustainable tourism since it aims to support local producers and offer the authentic gastronomic heritage of rural Cyprus.
To find more click on www.csti-cyprus.org
The Deputy Ministry of Tourism constitutes a transformation of the Cyprus Tourism Organisation (CTO) and was established and operates in accordance with the provisions of the Law providing for the Establishing of a Deputy Ministry of Tourism, the Appointment of a Deputy Minister of Tourism to the President and for relevant matters of 2018.
According to the Law, the objective of setting up the Deputy Ministry of Tourism is to establish a strategic and supervisory authority with powers to develop a national strategy for tourism, promotion and projection of Cyprus as a tourist destination, as well as implementation of tourism legislation with the following, among other, main responsibilities:
- Establishment, coordination and implementation of an integrated National Tourism Strategy using the necessary horizontal policies.
- Support investment in Tourism.
- Promotion of tourist awareness, education and training.
- Implementation of tourism legislation and supervision of the tourism sector.
To find more click on www.visitcyprus.com and www.visitcyprus.biz
The Travel Foundation is an independent charity working with the travel industry towards a sustainable future. It enables travel companies to integrate sustainable tourism into their business - to protect the environment and create opportunities for local people in tourism destinations. It sets up projects in tourism destinations that find, test and demonstrate new ways for travel organisations to make a difference.
The Cyprus Breakfast concept falls within its efforts to enhance the quality of the tourist experience in Cyprus by capitalizing on its authentic food and indirectly supporting procurement practices that are both beneficial for the small local producer and environmentally friendlier than purchases from distant sources.
To find more click on www.thetravelfoundation.org.uk